- Preparation: Before I start shooting, I make sure the food is properly prepared and styled. I add condiments, sauces, and garnishes to add colour and texture to the shot and make it look even more delicious.
- Adjust the flash settings: Mains powered flash units typically have more advanced settings and controls than portable speedlights. Experiment with different flash settings, such as power, to determine what works best for your scene.
- Position the softbox: The position of softbox will greatly impact the final image. We adjust the angles and distances to achieve the desired lighting effect. Typically, we use multiple softboxes to create a more pleasing effect.
- Sometimes we balance the flash and ambient light: Just like with any type of flash, it’s important to balance the flash light with the ambient light in the scene. This can be done by adjusting the flash power and/or using neutral density filters to control the amount of light entering the camera lens.
- Take the shot: With the softbox adjusted, it’s time to take the shot. Pay attention to the exposure settings, as the flash light can cause overexposure if not used properly.
Call now! 01527 874819